Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Playing at The Green Dragon

The Green Dragon Inn is located at the (real) Middle-Earth at the Hobbiton™ (gotta love those TM's, eh?) Movie Set near Matamata, New Zealand. It's a half hour drive from my house. As it's the fictional pub in JRR Tolkien's Middle Earth, the Inn at Bywater has long been the favoured watering hole of many a thisty hobbit.

As a fan of The Hobbit since childhood, I've had a special and fantastic experience. Last night I played at The Green Dragon Inn with harmonica master Derek 'Haggis' Maguiness for a Christmas party. My good friend Lewis was also there telling stories. He's a professional storyteller. I think he summed it up best, in one word. Epic.

I saw the sign!
 
The mill.

Trouble at the mill.

Barrel load of fun.

Home sweet home.

Bilbo's house is in the hill behind us.
 
The Green Dragon Inn.

The stables.

Beautiful December weather. For those in the Northern hemisphere, Christmas in New Zealand is summertime fun.

Street lamp.

"A place to drink, a place to meet, a place to rest your hairy feet."

Closing time. After an awesome evening on entertaining the guests, we relax at the bar.

Cameron, from Scotland, gives us the thumbs up!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Great to see you dressed for the occasion. I think if I lived as close as you, I'd be there every weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love going there too. Hey, where you interested in Haldir? I may have a few more miniatures that you'd like also.

      Delete