Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Painting Table Saturday 41 + Pre-Slotta Citadel Miniatures

Painting Table Saturday is here again and I have a treat for those who remember the days of pre-slotta Citadel Miniatures from Games Workshop. I have half a dozen knights and warriors from this era, including the legendary Harald Hammerstorm, the character on the cover of Warhammer 1st edition.

Harry the Hammer.

His shield has real character.

I may have got carried away with the checks.

Almost ready to smash skulls.

Two Knights are nearly finished. Note the weird D&D monster.

The last of my 1990's Pizza Hut bases, for some very special miniatures.

To my fellow painters, enjoy your weekend and God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. You may be in luck if you were after more bases, quite a few on ebay

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Plastic-Pizza-Saver-Stand-Tripod-/321008223777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abd94c621

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, the new ones here in New Zealand are just a tripod without the round top. I'm not sure I would buy them from overseas. I just like to reuse anything that would normally get thrown away. I do love the fact that they were 40mm bases, that came with pizza. Obviously a gamer in their design department at the time they were created.

      Delete