Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Artwork for Petty Gods

I have taken on an art project and will be submitting a couple of pieces for Petty Gods, a project originally conceived by Blair of Planet Algol and James Maliszewski of Grognardia. Greg Gorgonmilk has taken the reins of editor/layout chap and he's looking for new deity submissions to add to those being reassembled. Here's what James had to say when he announced the idea for the book:
...The working title is Petty Gods and it's intended as an homage to Judges Guild's awesome Unknown Gods, which presented 83 minor gods -- complete with stats -- for use in your D&D adventures and campaigns. 

And when I say "minor gods," I mean it: we're talking deities like the goddess of dancing girls, the god of summer storms, and the goddess of deep water fish, among others. That's the vibe I'm aiming for with this project too. If anything, I'd prefer that the divinities in Petty Gods be even more minor, esoteric, and obscure than those in Unknown Gods -- the kinds of beings worshiped only by a handful of devoted (and probably crazed) followers and whose power is limited enough that they could conceivably be offed by a party of appropriately bloody-minded PCs. In short, this is a "Monster Manual" for swords-and-sorcery in the manner of Elric.

I've just been informed that it made the MTV Geek website! My first few sketches are going well... I will post the finished art here when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment