Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

#RPGaDAY - Day 5: Most Old School RPG owned

D&D 5 Starter Sets.
On the #RPGaDAY list of questions, the following are next:

4th - Most recent RPG purchase
5th - Most Old School RPG owned

I'm going to start with number 5. It's a purchase made a few years ago thanks to ebay and owes much to my recent interest in the early editions of the game I love. To get more old school than the Holmes edition? Well, I do have pdfs of the little brown books found in The White Box. Holmes is better in my opinion. Moldvay, Basic and Expert are also on my shelf and are my most used books nowadays. I also own the first edition AD&D books. They are also superb. They are all part of the journey.

Which brings us to my most recent purchase... the latest D&D Starter Set... as yet unwrapped. Almost $40 to buy here in New Zealand. With our current strong New Zealand dollar, that's about twice what you'd pay in the USA. Is it worth it?

I will know when I open it. Who am I kidding? It's worth it for the box alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment