Pages

Sunday 12 June 2016

Sculpting Fantasy Miniatures + Hobbit Burglar

The Hobbit 
Here is my ninth sculpt. I was a fan of listening to the radio as a child (in the 70s and 80s), though not only for the music. Radio introduced me to the Sci-fi and Fantasy worlds of Flash Gordon and The Hobbit. Bilbo seemed like the better hero of the two - he also had a ring of invisibility!

I have found sculpting to be highly enjoyable. It is a different discipline to painting. As a new aspect to my gaming hobby I'm curious as to whether others may enjoy these miniatures also? Casting miniatures is costly though. Perhaps a Kickstarter?

If you're interested in any of the miniatures (check this blog for them all) or have some ideas about production, please leave me a comment.















God bless you and have an awesome week.

11 comments:

  1. Very impressive. I especially like all the accoutrements hanging from Bilbo's person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. Sacks are easy, bags slightly more difficult but the chain was a surprise.

      Delete
  2. Nice sculpt! I'm always very impressed with people who can sculpt miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't know until you try. I've been amazed at how good the proportions are. I attribute this to thirty odd years of painting miniatures.

      Delete
  3. Great model. I like that this fella looks slightly dangerous even though he's only 3.5 foot tall...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the sculpting material?

    ReplyDelete